Private Blue Mountain Highlights
Travel to the majestic Blue Mountains, the highest mountain range in the English-speaking Caribbean to enjoy a coffee break, privately guided tour and lunch at the Asafu Yard. Your journey begins the moment you’re picked up, along the way you’ll learn about Jamaica’s colorful past as you travel by historical sites and local markets.
Your first stop, an open air restaurant over 2500 ft. above sea level to enjoy a sumptuous local brunch served with Blue Mountain coffee. Enjoy panoramic views of mist- covered peaks and pristine emerald valleys that provide the perfect photo opportunity. Learn all there is to know about the indigenous herbs and plants that seem to grow everywhere you look and take a look at the coffee plantations clinging to the mountainsides.
You will then visit the Newcastle settlement where sometimes, you may see soldiers in training, before visiting the Asafu Yard located in one of the first free villages to rise after the era of slavery. Here, you’ll enjoy a picnic style lunch served in a calabash bowl prior to joining the locals as they sing, drum and dance.
Lastly, if you would like to cool down, feel free to take a refreshing dip in a secluded river. What better way to end your day!
“Maximum age to ride bikes is 60 years. Persons over 60 years will only be permitted to do our bus tour”
**The tour start time begins at the Blue Mountain location. However, this is a full day tour including guided sightseeing during travel.
- Enjoy a delicious Jamaican brunch served with Blue Mountain coffee.
- Witness picture perfect views of mist-covered peaks and pristine emerald valleys.
- Visit the Newcastle settlement where soldiers often train.
- Tour the rainforest and learn about the coffee plantations.
- Visit the Asafu Yard for a picnic lunch before dancing with the locals.
- End your day with a refreshing dip in a secluded river.
- Private transfer with assigned driver.
What to Bring
- Insect Repellent
- Water Shoes
- Swimsuit under comfortable clothing
- Comfortable close toe shoes
Please note this is a full day tour. The tour start time is at the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours location, however, this is a sightseeing tour with a tour guide on the bus, sights are pointed out along the way and stops may be made on the way to the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours location. The duration excludes travel time to and from the location.
Travel time (one way) from:
- Montego Bay- Approximately 4-5hrs
- Runaway Bay- Approximately 2.5-3hrs
- Ocho Rios- Approximately 2-2.5hrs
- A minimum of 4 passengers is required per booking
- A maximum of capacity 30 passengers is allowed per tour
Not Recommended for
- Pregnant women
- Persons who suffer from neck/back problems
- Persons who have had recent surgery
- Physically Challenged (Tour not wheelchair accessible)